Watkins Media are seeking a full-time Rights Executive.
Location: London, UK
Flexible/remote working options available
Salary range: £24,000-27,000
Applications close 8th April. Early applications will be prioritised.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised Rights Executive to join our busy Rights Department. Reporting to the Rights Manager, you will be responsible for selling rights in a range of titles across our four imprints, Watkins, Nourish, Repeater and Angry Robot, to translation publishers across 13 territories, including France, Brazil, Poland and Czech Republic.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 18 months of experience working in the publishing industry, preferable in Rights. You will be an excellent communicator, passionate about promoting and selling translation rights, a self-motivator who can make connections and maintain strong working relationships with publishers, and very organised, with an ability to work well under pressure. Foreign language skills are not necessary but can be an advantage.
– Selling rights – this will be a combination of working directly and working with co-agents
– Submitting titles to foreign language publishers
– Keeping co-agents updated with material and news
– Negotiating deals, drafting contracts, invoicing, applying for tax forms, making sure payments are made on time
– Meeting contacts at London Book Fair and Frankfurt Book Fair, and maintaining good working relationships with publishers and agents
– Processing royalty statements
Experience / skills required:
– Minimum of 18 months experience within publishing
– Creative self-starter who can work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
How to apply for this job:
Please email Olivia Richardson your CV and cover letter at olivia.richardson@
Watkins employ based on ability. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. If you are shortlisted for interview, please let us know if you require any adjustments.