We are hiring!
PUBLICITY & MARKETING ASSISTANT (Full-time)
Paid above London Living Wage.
Repeater Books is seeking a Publicity & Marketing Assistant to provide support for our Senior Publicity & Marketing Executive. This position offers great exposure to a range of non-fiction and fiction trade books, with a focus on radical thought and popular culture. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has a passion for politics, philosophy, social change and justice, a love of books in general and someone who is eager to learn about publishing. Reporting to the Senior Publicity & Marketing Executive you will be based in our Central London office, though we’re currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
- Assist the department with day-to-day administrative needs including managing the review copy process, responding to media requests, handling all invoices, preparing reviewer lists, and arranging all mailings from our office and through the warehouse.
- Liaising with publicists and editors to monitor book prizes and submitting books.
- Assist with author’s schedules, travel and events for tours.
- Plan and attend events as one of the faces of Repeater, both author events and larger events.
- Assist with the running of the Repeater social media channels and maintain the Repeater website, including answering queries raised on those channels.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of online marketing campaigns.
- Create and manage the printing and distribution of all marketing materials.
- Send out materials for endorsements and follow-up on these.
- Write press releases and pitch letters.
- Manage and archive all clippings and media.
- Produce the weekly marketing & publicity update.
- Produce and send out a monthly Repeater newsletter.
- Prior publicity/marketing/publishing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and travel when needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Cloud Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office would be an advantage
If you feel you have the right qualities for this position, then please send your CV with a covering letter to our Senior Publicity & Marketing Executive, Michael Watson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, 31 August 2020.