01 May 2018

Get 50% off for May Day!

To celebrate May Day, we’re offering 50% off on some of our politics titles for today only!

See all of the titles included below:

Anti-Politics: On the Demonization of Ideology, Authority and the State
Eliane Glaser

Is the “death of politics” simply an inevitable sign of the times, going hand in hand with climate change, technological development and postmodern malaise? Or is it the intentional result of right-wing engineering?

 

 

 

 

 Lean Out
Dawn H Foster

If the 1% are leaning in, what are the other 99% meant to do?

“A welcome call to arms” – Times Literary Supplement

 

 

 

 

Nincompooplis: The Follies of Boris Johnson
Douglas Murphy

“… a passionate and well-argued demolition job.” – The Guardian

 

 

 

 

A Threat of the First Magnitude: FBI Infiltration and Counterintelligence
Aaron J. Leonard and Conor A. Gallagher

“… a first-rate history lesson in what the US power structure will do to those who threatened left wing revolution. At the same time, it is a warning to those who do so in the future.” – Counterpunch

 

 

 

No Less Than Mystic: A History of Lenin and the Russian Revolution for a 21st-Century Left
John Medhurst

“Very comprehensive and insightful, and linked in perceptive ways to current affairs.” – Noam Chomsky

“… essential reading for all socialists” – Eric Lee

 

 

 

Filling the Void: Emotion, Capitalism and Social Media
Marcus Gilroy-Ware

“… Marcus Gilroy-Ware manages to critique social media by writing around it, focusing on the society in which it takes shape” – Yohann Koshy, Vice

 

 

 

 

Splatter Capital
Mark Steven

“… for the fans of these films who’ve always wondered about the ineluctable appeal of visceral, shocking violence on screen, and perhaps why it all feels so strangely familiar.” – We Are the Mutants

 

 

 

The Psychopath Factory: How Capitalism Organises Empathy
Tristam Vivian Adams

“… a wonderful spark, critiquing capitalist society from the refreshingly new perspective of psychopathology. It will surely awaken many future debates around pathology, performativity, and where to locate failure within the capitalist system.” – Social Text

 

 

Specters of Revolt: On the Insurrection of Revolt and Philosophy from Below
Richard Gilman-Opalsky

In Specters of Revolt Gilman-Opalsky argues that the world is haunted by revolt, by the possibility of events that interrupt and disrupt the world, that throw its reality and justice into question

 

 

 

A Life Lived Remotely: Being and Work in the Digital Age
Siobhan McKeown

The first book to explore what increasingly flexible working is doing to people and society.

 

 

 

The Equal Opportunities Revolution
James Heartfield

The Equal Opportunities Revolution explains why bosses took equal opportunities on board just as they were tearing up union rights at work.